Author Topic: Freedom Wars Remastered - popular Sony published Vita game returns  (Read 123 times)

Freedom Wars Remastered - popular Sony published Vita game returns
« on: September 18, 2024, 04:08:20 am »
Sony has little to do with this release with Namco Bandai handling publishing duties despite being a Sony owned IP.

The game will be coming to not Xbox AKA PS4, PS5, PC and Nintendo Switch.

The remaster releases January 10th.

Anyone know of more Sony IP published by other publishers? I believe a Fantavision game was recently released by some random publisher? A new Amplitude was self-published by Harmonix in 2016. Demon's Souls was famously published by Atlus in the U.S. Did they own Tomba?

dhaabi

Re: Freedom Wars Remastered - popular Sony published Vita game returns
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2024, 11:48:26 am »
Anyone know of more Sony IP published by other publishers? I believe a Fantavision game was recently released by some random publisher? A new Amplitude was self-published by Harmonix in 2016. Demon's Souls was famously published by Atlus in the U.S. Did they own Tomba?

Without looking exhaustively, the Arc the Lad franchise is owned by Sony (from what I've gathered, anyway), but the last console game Arc the Lad: End of Darkness was published in North America by Namco. Despite Sony owning the EverQuest franchise then, a number of games were published outside of North America by Ubisoft and Square Enix.

Oddly, even after being acquired by Sony in 1993, Psygnosis continued to self-publish a lot of their games, including 3D Lemmings, Chronicles of the Sword, and Colony Wars.

BinaryMessiah

A sub-par Monster Hunter clone. It has an interesting premise, but like most Japanese story lines it spirals into nonsense early on. It feels closer to Gods Eater mixed with some Monster Hunter elements. I got this day one when it launched and didn't care for it too much. Hopefully they fix the control issues.